I whipped this recipe together after not being able to decide what to have for dinner last week. I knew we had bacon to use up and lots of garden veggies, and I wanted to share what I put together, as it ended up DELICIOUS.
- 4 TBS organic salted butter
- 2 tsp onion powder (we used home made and it’s so incredible…see my blog to make your own!)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 chopped white/yellow onions
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1 bunch of dill, cut up
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 6 strips cooked and chopped bacon
- 3 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- Green onions to top
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat, then add in the garlic and onion powder. Mix well.
- Add in the chopped onions, and cook until slightly translucent, then add in the carrots and celery. Cook until all slightly cooked through.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, dill and salt bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer until potatoes are cooked through, stirring a few times throughout (roughly 15 minutes).
- Then add the almond milk and cut up bacon, bring to a boil again and cook for a few minutes.
- Take off the heat, check seasoning (and add more salt/pepper/garlic/onion powder as desired), add green onions to top and serve!
Let me know if you love it or if you made any delicious changes!