I’ve been asked for this recipe numerous times, so I decided I should probably make a blog post about it!
My lovely auntie Lill is the creator of the recipe, and I’m so happy to be sharing it with you too!
It’s so easy to make and perfect for using up lots of rhubarb when it’s flourishing this time of year!
Keep in mind that it’s a concentrate, so don’t just drink it straight!
Summer Rhubarb Juice Concentrate
- 6 cups of cut up rhubarb (in 1-2cm pieces)
- 4 sliced lemons
- 4 litres of boiling water
- Sugar to taste
- Cut up the rhubarb and lemons and add to a BIG pot and pour the boiling water over it all (carefully, don’t burn yourself!), giving it a good stir.
- Let it sit for 24 hours and stir a few more times during to mix things up
- Strain the juice out with a juice cloth
- Heat the juice slightly and add sugar to taste (go slowly so you don’t overdo it!) and mix until dissolved
- Pour into clean containers
- Freeze what you think you won’t use up in about 5 or so days (it doesn’t keep long otherwise!)
- Dilute to your taste! We like to use soda stream water to dilute the concentrate so it tastes like delicious rhubarb pop!
Enjoy your summer juice and let me know if you have any other favourite rhubarb recipes!