It’s affecting everyone
I would estimate that more than 85% of patients that I see in clinical practice are over-stressed and headed for burnout. The other 15% are mostly doing okay, but I fear many are teetering toward the beginning of overwhelm and aiming for too much and may be heading there sooner than later.
No one is listing “Stress” as a complaint!
What’s interesting though, that “stress” isn’t often listed as a concern on intake forms, but terrible energy levels, awful sleep and excess weight gain sure make the list!
But guess what…
Chronic Stress is probably the reason you have symptoms!
The problem (that’s very obvious to me!) is that when there’s chronic and even low levels of stress for long periods of time (and this can be just a few weeks or a couple months), it can literally begin to affect EVERY single part of your body…from how quickly you can get over your latest cold or flu, to how many times you feel forced to hit the snooze button in the morning because you’re exhausted, or much badly you’re craving carbs or sugar to keep you going throughout your day.
How the series will work
This stress series is an important one and I’ll be writing monthly content, on the 3rd Monday of every month to not only REMIND you of the things that should be on your priority list, but help you come up with some other ideas and provide more KNOWLEDGE on how your body is affected and how we can work together to keep it a little happier and feeling much better.
I want you, desperately want you, to work EVERY SINGLE DAY on stress relief techniques! I honestly don’t care what it is as long as it’s a positive coping technique.
The Biggest Problem
You KNOW these things…it’s simply a matter of making sure they’re implemented on a regular basis. This is why I’m going to be writing about it on a regular basis too! If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, make sure you read up on why I think you should be taking a vacation every 90 days.
Next Up: Stress Series Part 2- Bubble Bath Essentials
We’ll discuss a common and under-utilized stress-relief technique, and OF COURSE, we’ll talk about how to make it as toxicant-free as possible (typical me, I know!). It’ll be posted on my clinic website, and I’ll link it back here once it’s up!