In my last blog post we talked about some common signs of dehydration and a few (of the many!) benefits you’ll see from being properly hydrated.
Today I wanted to give you some ideas to make getting your fluids in, more fun than having to drink plain water all the time!
I also wanted to provide some ideas for electrolytes to make sure your salt and minerals stay in balance with your fluid intake to keep your body happy and healthy during our warm summer days.
More Exciting Ways to Hydrate than just plain water
- Make a delicious iced tea using your favourite herbal tea
- Add different combinations of fruit, veggies and herbs to your water to flavour them slightly
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Orange and lemon slices
- A sprig of Mint and lime slices
- Sliced apple and a cinnamon stick
- Sliced cucumber
- Organic Coconut Water!
– Try different brands to find one that you like…they all taste slightly different and I definitely like some better than others
- Ready to go Brands like Ultima Replenisher, Endura or Endurlyte where you mix powder with water (look for more natural ones that may be sweetened without using high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners/dyes)
- At Home Recipes
a) Citrus Electrolytes
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice½ cup fresh lime juice
- 3-4 cups of water (depending on how strong you’d like it to taste)
- ¼ tsp of salt (use Himalayan sea salt if you can)
- 2 Tablespoons of organic sugar, honey or maple syrup
b) Apple Electrolytes
- 4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup of organic apple juice (no sugar added)
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 Tablespoons of sweetener (organic sugar, maple syrup, honey, stevia, etc) to taste